Re: Using Tomcat & WAR files under Jigsaw

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:19:32 +0100 (MET)
To: "Laird, Brian" <BLaird@perseco.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Laird, Brian wrote:

> In reading the docs it looks like you can easily enable JSPs under
> jigsaw.  The question I have is if anyone has been able to enable the
> deployment of WARs under jigsaw?  My guess is no but I thought I would
> ask.

I wanted to have an automatic WAR indexer, based on the Zip indexer to do
that, but I didn't have time to do it, and with some WAR files I tested,
it was almost impossible to deploy them by automatic means (most probably
I use buggy ones :) ).
ANyway it's still on my todo list.

> Another question I have is can Jigsaw talk to Tomcat using a connector
> much like the apache http server does?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/common/ajpv13a.html
It looks like reinventing a binary HTTP to talk faster than regular HTTP
proxying.
It might be easy to do that by creating a new manager ala
HttpManager or MuxClient.
I'll put that on my TODO list as well.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C