Re: servlet not responding

From: Felicia Ionascu <feliciaionascu@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:14:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi Yves,

I solved the bug, it was a html error on my side. On a
submit button, I forgot to put
encodingtype=multipart/form-data. The first time it
worked (I don't know why) but when reloading the page,
the POST command name was corrupted, so that the
server responded with HTTP 501.

Again thanks for the answer.

Felicia

--- Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2003, Felicia Ionascu wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > With Jigsaw 2.2.2, I have two servlets. One deals
> with
> > a login window and the authentication process and
> the
> > other handles a file download subsequent to the
> login.
> >
> > My problem is that after the file download dialog,
> if
> > I want to access again the link that opens the
> login
> > window, the servlet dispatcher is not responding
> (I
> > have an ugly HTTP 501/505 error). This behaviour
> > appears no matter if I choose Save or Cancel. I
> have
> > no idea of what's going on. If I reload the page
> with
> > the link, it works.
> > How could I debug it? Anyone encountered this
> problem?
>
> There were some fixes in the servlet stack since
> 2.2.2. Can you try with
> the latest devel version (which are more pre-version
> of the next stable
> 2.2.3), see
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.2/20030328/
> The list of fixes are at