Re: Limit Connection Count in Client Side API

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:10:06 +0100 (MET)
To: Thomas Kriegelstein <tk4@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Thomas Kriegelstein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can i limit and/or specify the connection count in the client side API?
> (org.w3c.www.protocol.http)

It is usually done via some properties (max connetions). However, this
needs to be reworked a bit to give it some pluggable rules to control it,
instead of this fixed behaviour.
In the meantime, you can recompile HttpManager with debug = true and see
if it goes over the limit, of it is a problem of connection not perfectly
closed (the JIT sometime defer "real" close of sockets)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C