Re: Port on the command line is deprecated?

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Craig L. Ching wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The docs say that the port option on the command line is deprecated.
> Where should it then be set?  I assume that there must be something
> available in Jigadmin, but I'd really like to keep the command line
> option as well.

There were some discussion in the past about this option, the rationale to
remove it was that Jigsaw can hold multiple servers, it currently have 2,
the "normal" server and the "admin" server. You can stack up as many
servers as you want (provided you have enough ram ;) ).
However this option was useful to some people, so it marked as
"deprecated" meaning that it is not the recommended way to change the port
(changing it in the configuration file, see org.w3c.jigsaw.port property
in *.props, is the right way to do it), but it can still be used by
knowledgable users.

Yves Lafon - W3C