RE: Port on the command line is deprecated?

From: Craig L. Ching <cching@mqsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:22:51 -0600
To: Lars Brückner <lars@ito.tu-darmstadt.de.no-spam-please>
Cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
> That should be Jigsaw/config/http-server.props
>
> On Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2002 11:18, Lars Brückner worte:
> > You can edit Jigsaw/config httpd-server props to set the port.
> > But don't do it while the server is running - the file may get
> > overwritten on server save / shutdown.

Yeah, the problem that we're having with this is that we are wrapping Jigsaw with a JNI interface so that the user can change the port in our own configuration files (to keep the jigsaw config the same as the config for other services that we provide).  It gets kind of hairy when we have to tell them "Change this file for these services, but change that file for the web service."  We'd like a way for our users to be able to configure all services in a uniform way.  A command line interface is a very simple and flexible way to allow others to integrate Jigsaw seamlessly into their packages.  I guess we'll just have to have a process that reads our config files open the jigsaw config files and change them, but what a pain!

Cheers,
Craig