Jigsaw cache

From: Stephane Nicoll <stephane.nicoll@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:37:53 +0100
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hello jigsaw developper,

I'm Stephane Nicoll from the infonet group, FUNDP, Belgium. We have improved a tool called webconf which allows to do web conferencig. This tool is based on an HTTP/1.0 proxy which is rather annoying.

We have decided to use jigsaw proxy for our soft. ...

Webconf captures all GET requests from the teacher and build a SMIL file corresponding to the "slides" the teacher has shown during his course. Then WebConf put all these files (as well as dependencies, such as images, javascript, etc.) in a zip file. In the same time, webconf records the voice of the professor. Then an applet is used to see the courses offline. You can have more details on webconf at http://www.infonet.fundp.ac.be/soft/webconf. The applet is also open source and fully developped by us. It's WebReplay, see http://www.infonet.fundp.ac.be/soft/webreplay

Here are my questions

How can I capture GET requests from the teacher and how can I get the files the teacher has requested. I've seen that you are using an internal DB. How does it works ...
How can I be sure that the cache will contain all files that the teacher has requested during his/her courses ...

I was wondering about filters but I'm currently investigating. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Stéphane Nicoll