Re: Creating HttpURLConnection properties programically

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:53:01 +0200 (MET DST)
To: "Schwarzhoff, Kelly" <kelly.schwarzhoff@commerceone.com>
cc: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Schwarzhoff, Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the "org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection" classes
> as my client-side HTTP library. As far s I can tlel, In order to configure
> it (ex: what proxy to use), I have to set global system properties (like via
> System.setProperty()). I am trying to find some way to avoid this, and set
> the properties API-based that does not require static variables (like
> System.setProperty()) as that is not thread safe. Is there any way to do
> this? I want to use org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager class, but
> unfortunately that class is "hidden" from me as an HttpURLConnection user.

Jigsaw's HTTP stack reuse SUN's API, so if you want to have a control that
is not using System properties, you have to use HttpManager.

Another thing would be to register a client side-filter, like
ProxyDispatcher, with some predefined rules, then whatever API you use, it
will reuse this setting.

Yves Lafon - W3C