Re: Client Side API - HTTP Connections

From: John Philip Anderson <jpanderson_215@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 12:10:40 -0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Dear Gentleman,

1.) I have ran into a problem that appears to be similar to that previously
described by Mr. Katha et al. in a message thread titled "Re: Client Side
API - HTTP Connections" which was posted from January 31 to February 5,
2001.  Specifically, I also have been "experiencing intermittent delays in
the time required to complete requests" during multiple requests to the same
host.

However, I have apparently solved my problem by lowering the request timeout
threshold to 1000 milliseconds (from whatever the default value is) by
adding one line of code to my software:

	manager.setRequestTimeout(1000);

Http Client API's, "HTTPClient" is freely available at:

http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/

Yet, HTTPClient appears to less well developed than the Jigsaw Client API.

Truly yours,
John Philip Anderson

jpanderson_215@hotmail.com