Re: Updating Jigsaw to Java 2...

From: David Li <david@digitalsesame.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:27:07 +0800
To: Christopher William Turner <cwturner@cycom.co.uk>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Christopher William Turner wrote:

> Look at the new
> java.nio package in JDK1.4

I heard of that package but it would probably take quite a while for 1.4
to be mature enough. The NBIO package would give us the NBIO today in
1.2 and up and will get us to have Jigsaw ready for java.nio package.

> It also make sense to reuse Tomcat (although I have
> never managed to install tomcat fully successfully myself).
> I would also like Jigsaw and Tomcat to be installed
> automatically via java webstart and JNLP files.

I'd like to work on these two projects. We have been working with Tomcat
  (actually, Enhydra (www.enhydra.org) which use Tomcat as its Web
container and develop a multiserver arround it. The 4.0 of it have
including some of the Jigsaw codes I think.

However, we did like to take the other approach by doing this arround
Jigsaw so we get a full Web server, not just a Servlet runner.

David Li
DigitalSesame