Re: unauthenticated GET, authenticated PUT how to?

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:24:49 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Enrico Spinielli <Enrico.Spinielli@marconi.com>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Enrico Spinielli wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have successfully configured jigsaw in order to allow PUTs in my working area.
> This is great but I would like to restrict who can do PUTs
> without having to force him/her to authenticate for accessing that realm.
>
> Can anyone point me in the righ direction? Or to the right manual page?
> Or am I trying to do something impossible?

It is very easy, in the configuration of the AclRealm (if you use
AclFilter+AclRealm) or the GenericAuthFilter, you should have a "methods"
attribute. If empty, it will protect all of them, if not, only the one in
the list would be protected. In your case you will just set it to "PUT".

Yves Lafon - W3C