Re: Jigsaw and IIS

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Sameer Jaffer wrote:

> I have IIS running on port 80 and Jigsaw on the default ports 8001.
> What are the steps involved if I need to use both IIS and Jigsaw, IIS
> for my ASP and Jigsaw for Servlets.

you can for example forward some resources from one server to another, in
Jigsaw you can do that using the ForwardFrame, it can also be done using
Apache, and it should be possible with IIS.
That way you have a front-end that will proxy to aonther server
transparently.
Note that it is also useful if you have experimental features that can
kill your server or the machine it runs on, as you can isolate the
production part from the experimental part without having to create
references to another machine.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP