Session Information without Servlets.

From: santj <santj@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:45:54 +0100 (BST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
cc: santj@cs.tcd.ie

I would like to initialize and store user information in
an HttpSession object and use the information during access
to standard (non-servlet) directories.  I would use the info
to implement some advanced content negotiation.  I have thought
of a few possibilities:

1) Altering the daemon ( I would like to keep the daemon the
same if possible ).

2.) Tweaking ServletDirectoryFrame so that it starts sessions
but doesn't load servlets.

Any suggestions or warnings with respect to altering ServletDirectory
frame.

Joe.