Re: Jigsaw becomes unresponsive

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:26:15 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Dwayne Hull <hull@intraspect.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Dwayne Hull wrote:

> We are currently using Jigsaw 2.0.2 on NT.
>
> We have seen on several occasions that the server stops responding
> under a heavy load, and never recovers 'till restarted.
>
> We also sometimes see "overloaded" messages in the http log.
>
> Changing settings that affect SocketClientFactory seem to change
> the behavior somewhat but don't cure the problem.
>
> I see that there has been a bug fix that "Fixed idle count
> in the SocketClientFactory" http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/20000322/LATEST .
>
> Will this address this problem? Is this change compatible with Jigsaw 2.0.2?
> If not, would you say what changed so that we could back fit the change?

I debugged a lot of things there, with the experience of jigsaw.w3.org
(which seems pretty slow from outside french research network, as 50%
packet loss to reach it is not helping...)
You should try with the latest version, or wait tomorrow for a new latest
version ;)

The problem I fixed was connections "disappearing" from time to time,
because of a race condition, when too many were gone, the server was
dead.