Re: getConnection() deadlock

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Corey Wineman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded Jigsaw the latest version of Jigsaw the other day because I
> want to use some of the Http Client code. I am having a problem getting new
> HttpConnections using the HttpManager/HttpBasicServer classes.
> I am running out of connections and my program just blocks in some kind of
> deadlock. Is there some way to report back to the HttpManager when you are
> done with a connection? I saw the notifyIdle() method in HttpManager, but I
> don't know how get an instance of HttpConnection to pass in. Basically I am
> only using the Request, Reply and HttpManager classes. I didn't see any way
> for Request/Reply to notify HttpManager that they were done.
>
> Am I missing something simple?

Unless everything has been read, the connection will stay used, also the
number of connection you can use is limited (to 5 by default, but it can
be extended using some property org.w3c.www.protocol.http.connections).
But after one connection has been terminated, the waiting ones will be
serviced.
However there was indeed a problem that has been fixed, you should try
with the latest sources taken from our cvs server. (see
http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ )
Hope this helps,