Re: executing JSP file in PassDirectory

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:17:42 +0200 (MET DST)
To: TK Sung <tksung@extravert.com>
cc: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, TK Sung wrote:

> Hi,
> A jigsaw newbie here.  I'm having a problem making gnujsp10 wotk with
> a PassDirectory resource.  Opening an HTML file works fine in
> PassDirectory, but opening jsp file results in "... file not found".
> I'm guessing that JspServlet is trying to open a file in the directory
> specified in URL, rather than target directory of PassDirectory.

There were some bugs when a PassDirectory was in the middle of the way,
you may upgrade the jar of Jigsaw using the latest devel release ones.
if you were using Jigsaw 2.0.x (and you should then get servlet.jar from
tomcat, as it is servlet2.2 compliant now)
of http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/20000419/ if you were running
Jigsaw 2.1 (2.1.1 comes with servlet2.2 jar)

> I searched archive and saw an article about "jspindexer", I sort of
> tried it with no luck. Now I get "ClientException [...] null" in the
> log file, and nothing is returned to the browser.  (I wasn't even sure
> if jspindexer applies to my situation).  Can somebody point me to a
> solution?

There is a configuration howto in GNUJsp.
See http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jsp.html and