Re: config

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:57:18 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Paul Lamb <paul@redfork.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Paul Lamb wrote:

> While creating an Ant based build.xml for Jigsaw 2.1 I came across the
> config/jigadm.zip and config/jigadmin.zip files; and I can't seem to locate
> where/how these are built in the makefiles. Did I just miss something?

config/jigadmin.zip and config/jigadm.zip are trees of property files, it
is used to feed the various menu and the factory of editors in jigadmin
and jigadm. It is not created by a makefile, but by hand as aliases to
transform attribute names to small keywords are done there, also the
aggregation of resources and such.
The server can run without it (actually, it runs without it), as it is
only useful to jigadm and jigadmin. And both can run without it (of course
it will be less explicit, for property names for example, and all the pull
down menu with available frames resources indexers and so on would not be
pre-filled,  but as you can type the class directly in the textfield...).
Hope this helps,