jsp:include => Request dispatcher not found

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:17:00 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,

I have a problem with getting GNUJSP to work with Jigsaw and virtual
domains. I'm not entirely sure if the use of virtual domains has anything to
do with it, but I haven't seen this problem with GNUJSP and Jigsaw before.
I'm thinking it *might* be a virtual domain problem in Jigsaw.

The problem is that inclusion of dynamic documents doesn't work.

   <%@ include file="afile.jsp" %>

will work fine, but

   <jsp:include page="afile.jsp" flus="true" />

yields an IOException "Request dispatcher not found" in GNUJSP's
auto-generated servlet.

If I recall correctly, I would have the same problem if I did
getRequestDispatcher("/blabla"), and "/blabla" did not exist in the
context (and this might be affected by the use of virtual domains).
I've got GNUJSP to work fine with Jigsaw in the past, but without
virtual domains.

Could this be a Jigsaw problem, or am I just missing something? Accessing
the servlet directly works fine.

Thank you,

--
/ Peter Schuller