From: Massimiliano Tarquini [mailto:tarquini@arcaweb.it]
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2000 12:50 PM
To: gnujsp@gjt.org
Cc: JigSaw W3
Subject: Jsp malefunctioning

I'm using Jigsaw 2.1.1 under Linux Caldera 2.3, and i need Jsp environment.
I've installed all the file needed (servlet_2.1.jar and gnujsp10.jar) and
configured my server as described in install.jigsaw
but i have a little problem in my environment.
After i start Jigsaw

============= JIGSAW SCREEN ===========================
*** salvaging resource manager state...
*** resource store state salvaged, using: 1
*** Warning : JigAdmin[2.1.1]: no logger specified, not logging.
JigAdmin[2.1.1]: serving at http://runner.arcaweb.it:8009/
Jigsaw[2.1.1]: serving at http://runner.arcaweb.it:8001/
GNUJSP: Detected JSDK version 2.1

and i call my jsp file index.jsp

=========== INDEX.JSP=======================================
<%@ page isErrorPage="true" %>

<!-- This error page demonstrates a JSP ErrorPage used for
     catching exceptions thrown in other JSP pages, it is
     used by the ThrowException.jsp page -->

<h2><font color=#DB1260>JSP Error Page</font></h2>

<pre>

<%
    ByteArrayOutputStream ostr = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    exception.printStackTrace(new PrintStream(ostr));
    out.print(ostr);
%>
</pre>

<hr width=80%>

 =========== END INDEX.JSP=======================================

the browser show me an exception message like this :

Servlet has thrown exception:java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException:
ANSI_X3.4-1968

Do you now how to solve this problem? Thanks :0)))

--
Massimiliano Tarquini
E-Mail:tarquini@arcaweb.it

"Se, in un primo momento, l'idea non è assurda, allora
non c'è nessuna speranza che si realizzi".
                                            A. Einstein