Re: more on JSPs

From: Simon Brooke <simon@weft.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:04:33 +0100
To: Carlos Motta <cmotta@nortelnetworks.com>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Carlos Motta wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm using Jigsaw 2.0.5 and installed the Tomcat servlet engine (with a
> little help from my friends http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jsp.html &
> http://www.klomp.org/gnujsp/INSTALL.jigsaw). It seems to be working
> fine.

Why are you using both Jigsaw *and* Tomcat? This is probably your
problem: you're probably trying to make something work under Jigsaw that
you've got configured under Tomcat. Tomcat and Jigsaw both do exactly
the same thing - that is they are HTTP servers with embedded Servlet
engines. If you're using one, you don't need the other.

> I've tried every single directory under the Tomcat and Jigsaw trees that
> I can think of, nothing's worked so far. So the question is, In which
> directory should I put my classes? I've already tried to include them as
> a .jar file in my CLASSPATH (while starting Jigsaw), it did do it.

That generally works fine for Jigsaw, or use the Jigsaw/WWW/servlet
directory. Tomcat is, of course, different.

--
Simon Brooke, Technical Director, Weft Technology Ltd --
http://www.weft.co.uk/

	the weft is not just what binds the web: it is what makes it a web