more on JSPs

From: Carlos Motta <cmotta@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:43:51 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi everybody,

I'm using Jigsaw 2.0.5 and installed the Tomcat servlet engine (with a
little help from my friends http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jsp.html &
http://www.klomp.org/gnujsp/INSTALL.jigsaw). It seems to be working
fine. However, if my JSPs contain class "import statements" Tomcat can't
locate these classes. I'm getting the following error:

Servlet has thrown exception:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable
to compile class for
JSP<temp_file_name> Class <my_class> not found in import. import
<my_class>

I've tried every single directory under the Tomcat and Jigsaw trees that
I can think of, nothing's worked so far. So the question is, In which
directory should I put my classes? I've already tried to include them as
a .jar file in my CLASSPATH (while starting Jigsaw), it did do it.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos