Jigsaw 2.0.4 unix install problem.

From: Arthur Schloth <schloth@ICD.Teradyne.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:45:12 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

First, I appologize if I am not using the correct means of asking a
question.

I am new to Jigsaw and I am trying to get the server running on a
unix machine on the Northeastern University network.

I installed Jigsaw and fired off the start script.

Work% scripts/jigsaw.sh
/auto/Users/Newton/Grad/schloth/www/MorePages/Mim3151/ClientServer/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/config/server.props
Jigsaw[2.0.4]: serving at http://Work.coe.neu.edu:8001/
*** Warning : JigAdmin[2.0.4]: no logger specified, not logging.
JigAdmin[2.0.4]: serving at http://Work.coe.neu.edu:8009/

Things seem ok up to this point. then...

When I try to run the sample applet, by issueing the following
url in a Netscape 4.7 browser
http://Work.coe.neu.edu:8001/servlet/HelloWorld

I get the error from netscape:
"A network error occurred:
unable to connect to server (TCP Error: Broken pipe)
The server may be down or unreachable
Try connection later"

I also tried one of my own servlets, and got the same result.

Any ideas??

Any help is appreciated. I hope to be able to use Jigsaw in
my graduate class project

thank you,

--
Art Schloth