Re: Jigsaw uses ALL IP addrs on Host!!

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Sanath Jayasena wrote:

> I am sorry I couldnt find an answer in the list/archives.
>
> I have 2 network cards and then a PPP link to my ISP. One of my
> intra-net IP addr is 220.220.220.1.
>
> I want JIgsaw to listen/serve ONLY at 220.220.220.1:9001, but
> it is serving at port 9001 of ALL IP addresses my machine has, despite
> I did the following:
>
> 1) Debugged the typo error of jigsaw/http/socket/SOcketClientFActory.java
> 	public ServerSocket createServerSocket() throws IOException
> 		{ // using maxCLient in the backlog is safe, but an overkill :)
> 		   if (bindAddr == null) {....}
> 		}
>   Compiled and installed.
>   Hope this is correct. (This was pointed out recently in the Mailing list)
>
> 2) Added lines to BOTH http-server.props and admin-server.props as:
> 	org.w3c.jigsaw.host=220.220.220.1
> 	org.w3c.jigsaw.port=9001           (9009 for admin-server.props)
>
> 3) Changed the server properties info using JIgAdmin (Is this necessary,
>    because it appears that item 2) above does the wrok???)
>
>    (i) Properties->SocketConnectionProp
> 	Set the BIndAddr to 220.220.220.1
>    (ii) Properties->general
> 	 Set Host to 220.220.220.1
> 	 Set Port to 9001

org.w3c.jigsaw.host should be set to the name of your server
and org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.bindAddress set to your
specific IP.
So org.w3c.jigsaw.host=yourmachine.yourdomain
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.bindAddress=220.220.220.1

You should upgrade to 2.0.4, as the problem was corrected, if not then
your jdk may have problem.