From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
To: Yanick Gamelin <ygamelin@sympatico.ca>
Cc: zzJigSaw W3 <www-jigsaw@w3.org>; <lmcyaga@lmc.ericsson.se>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: Programming QuestionS

> Yanick Gamelin wrote:
>
> > 1- IN Version 2.03 or in 2.04, how Ressources are coded in store files,
and where ?? (where this job is done)

> it's done in org.w3c.tools.resources.store.* and more precisly in
org.w3c.tools.resources.SimpleResourceStore and ResourceStoreManager.

> > 2- In documentation it is  written:"Jigsaw receive an HTTP GET request
for /archives/index.html. To handle the incomming request, Jigsaw will go
through the following steps:         1.Lookup for
> > /archives/index.html
> >         2.Call the ingoingFilter method of filters
> >         3.Perform the request
> >         4.Call the outgoingFilter method of filters
> >         5.Emit the reply " my questions is :
>
> > a) when and where in these sequence, the key, the store entry and the
hastable are used???

> These objects are used a lookup time (if not already loaded in memory).
>
> > b) could you please define in details tthe key, the store entry and the
hastable ??

> key:            associated to a resource, used to find the corresponding
StoreEntry
> StoreEntry:  Mainly a wrapper of SimpleResourceStore
> Hashtable:  Which hastable?
>
> > 3- If i want to add an "auto-index" fonction, by where should I start.
(if the file request by a client is not already indexed ,this fonction will
add a Ressource corresponding to this file).