Re: Programming QuestionS

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:38:23 +0100
To: Yanick Gamelin <ygamelin@sympatico.ca>
CC: zzJigSaw W3 <www-jigsaw@w3.org>, lmcyaga@lmc.ericsson.se
Yanick Gamelin wrote:

> 1- IN Version 2.03 or in 2.04, how Ressources are coded in store files, and where ?? (where this job is done)

it's done in org.w3c.tools.resources.store.* and more precisly in org.w3c.tools.resources.SimpleResourceStore and ResourceStoreManager.

> 2- In documentation it is  written:"Jigsaw receive an HTTP GET request for /archives/index.html. To handle the incomming request, Jigsaw will go through the following steps:         1.Lookup for
> /archives/index.html
>         2.Call the ingoingFilter method of filters
>         3.Perform the request
>         4.Call the outgoingFilter method of filters
>         5.Emit the reply " my questions is :

> a) when and where in these sequence, the key, the store entry and the hastable are used???

These objects are used a lookup time (if not already loaded in memory).

> b) could you please define in details tthe key, the store entry and the hastable ??

key:            associated to a resource, used to find the corresponding StoreEntry
StoreEntry:  Mainly a wrapper of SimpleResourceStore
Hashtable:  Which hastable?

> 3- If i want to add an "auto-index" fonction, by where should I start. (if the file request by a client is not already indexed ,this fonction will add a Ressource corresponding to this file).

It's exactly the way Jigsaw is working, nothing to modify.

Regards, Benoit.

> Yanick Gamelin                    biggam@info.polymtl.ca
> 7596 Berri
> Montreal,  Qc.                       514-948-4845
> H2R 2G7

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer