Re: Starting a program in Jigsaw

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:00:11 +0100
To: june.tran@nokia.com
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
In the next release of Jigsaw, you'll be able to configure servlets using
the file servlet.properties (will be located in Jigsaw/Jigsaw/config/).
In servlet.properties there is an entry like that:

servlets.startup=Servlet1 Servlet2 Servlet3

Just add your servlet name in the list and it will be loaded at startup.

The documentation has just been updated :
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/servlets.html#install-servlets

If you want you can download the next devel release (check in
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/)

Regards, Benoit.

june.tran@nokia.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I get Jigsaw to start a program when Jigsaw is started?
>
> For example I have a servlet that needs to be started up when Jigsaw starts
> and that same servlet would be accessed from Jigsaw's clients later on.  So
> far I know how to put a servlet in Jigsaw's servlet directory and access it
> from there, it works fine, however I now need the servlet to be persistent.
> Could anyone show me how to get this done?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> J. Tran
> Nokia Research Center,Boston
> 781-993-3621