a first hello and a question

From: Remo Strotkamp <remo@ccrl.nj.nec.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:52:00 +0200
Hi there,

I am new to this list, so first of all hello everybody!!!!
We are using Jigsaw as our server for an internal project, and
I will have to admin the server!!!!!

Installation and setup went just fine, except a detail
concerning motif libraries on the linux box....
But thats not jigsaws fault!!!

I read quite alot of the documentation and I must
say: I am really impressed and at least as confused... :-)

Right now I have just one question:

I wanted to change the file that gets automatically loaded
for my test directory. (I.e. for the others its Overview.html )
By observe and learn approaching this I thought it might be
the Index attribute under the directories Frame section.
But by changing this to the one I wanted to have loaded
(yes I commited and even saved it...), I still get the
directory listing when pointing my browser to the
test directory!!!!!

By the way I use jdk117v3 on a linux box and jigsaw 2.0.3!!!!!!
and as there is just a beta JDK1.2 on linux, I use the old jigadm.

By the way, has anybody ever thought about porting the jigadmin ( = new
one ) to use jdk1.1.x with swing1.1.1??? Is somebody able to judge the
amount
of effort that would have to be put in such an effort????
uuups it's more than one question now!!!!!

thanks in advance

remo