Servlets getting authenticated user info

From: Jeff Van Epps <lordbah@lordbah.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:56:14 -0400 (EDT)
I see examples in the archives of getting the authenticated user

user = (String) request.getState(AuthFilter.STATE_AUTHUSER)

This assumes that you have an org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Request object to call
getState() on. In the servlet, I don't have one, I have only the
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest. How do I get from servlet-land to
Jigsaw-land?

I see two possibilities. One is to get the context

JigsawServletContext ctxt = (JigsawServletContext) getContext()

but I can't see where to go next from there. Does anything lead towards that
Request object?

The other possibility is that my servlet's doGet() is actually receiving a
JigsawHttpServletRequest instead of a HttpServletRequest. This looks good in
that JigsawHttpServletRequest actually has a getRequest() method which I
think
would give me the Request I need - but that getRequest() method is protected
so I can't invoke it!

So am I looking in totally the wrong place?

--
Jeff Van Epps  lordbah@lordbah.com
Live Music In Rochester http://www.lordbah.com:8001/pub/musicmain.html