How best to index large directory trees in Jigsaw?

From: Anthony B. Coates, ESL +61 2 9373 7972 <tony.coates@reuters.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:11:24 -0400 (EDT)
I have been trying to index the JDK 1.2 document tree (as a PassDirectory) in
Jigsaw 2.0.2, and it seems to partially hang when dealing with so many
documents.  By "partially" hang I mean that the admin interface is no longer
able to communicate with the server process, though the server still honours
requests for Web pages.

Does anybody have any tricks for indexing large numbers of documents?  Thanks
very much in advance,

	Cheers,
			Tony.

PS Why is the "Reply-To" address for the list messages set to
   "www-jigsaw-request"?  Doesn't that cause confusion?  Or is
   it just my e-mail client that reports it that way?

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.