RE: how do we build custom realms

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 22:45:31 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Zahid Ahmed <zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Zahid Ahmed wrote:

> AclRealm seems to initialize AuthRealm in acquireRealm().
> Should I override that? if I extend AclRealm, how do we
> make sure httpd uses it? Using AuthRealm is not an option.

AclRealm is just an example, your class should extend JAcl, AclRealm is
the example which is using Jigsaw's Auth realm. It is up to you to have
the realm taken from a database or via LDAP.

> I want to initialize a custom realm that is not administered
> by Jigsaw Admin. How do I load such a realm?
>
> What is the process model for calling up AclFilter.authenticate(req, acl)?
> Would we need to extend this?

No, in the configuration, the filter will be AclFilter then you must
attache your JAcl frame to it
(see lookup in AclFilter)
Hope this clarifies the thing!