Re: Using Jigsaw as proxy to another proxy ?

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 22:41:18 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Antoine Bertier <bertier@worldnet.fr>
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Antoine Bertier wrote:

> We have a proxy that requires authentication, and lots of programs do
> not support proxy authentication (especially, with MS Proxy...).
>
> I would like to configure Jigsaw to run on my machine as a non
> authenticating proxy, which would proxy to the authenticating MS Proxy
> using a username/password which would be passed on the command line for
> instance.
>
> Any idea on how I could achive that ?

If you get the latest dvp version
(http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes/19990521/)
You should be able to use a new rule of the ProxyDispatcher to access your
problem. see
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/org.w3c.www.protocol.http.proxy.ProxyDispatcher.html
for more info on its configuration
This is a client side component. To use it, see
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/proxy.html and, in the proxy prop, add
this filter (and remove if you want to the cache filter).