Re: Servlets: Too many files open

From: Christopher William Turner <cwturner@cycom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:09:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: Karsten Boehm <boehm@aix550.informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
CC: Paul Speed <pspeed@augustschell.com>, "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
lsof was not in my search path on my linux server but I found that
I could find out the process id of the java process with

ps mx

and then see the file descriptors under the proc filesystem (using the process
id as a
subdirectory name.)

[bdm@web1 fd]$ pwd
/proc/31431/fd
[bdm@web1 fd]$ ls
0   1   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
[bdm@web1 fd]$

--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/