Re: servlet calls init() method every time it runs?

Yves Lafon wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, lacall wrote:
>
> > I have a servlet that I have pared down to a simple form, and it has a
> > memory leak. In testing, I noticed that the init() method is called every
> > time the servlet is invoked, rather than only the first time. Is calling the
> > init() method every time a bug, or something I have configured wrong?
> > Thanks!
>
> A bug similar to the one you describe has been fixed recently (when your
> servlet is indexed as foo.bar.foobar), you can try the latest
> developpement version, available at
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes/19990414/

This happen also when the servlet is accessed with the .class in its URL,
then Jigsaw reindex it, and so, reinitialize it.
Jigsaw register the servlet without the .class in the URL.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer