Re: Re: Filters on Servlets?

Benoit,

I have attached a filter called XMLFilter directly to the
ServletWrapperFrame for a Servlet Resource entitled
XMLServlet.  I know the XMLFilter class works because I also
have it associated with the .xml extension, and it works
fine on files.

I've put a debug line at the top of the outgoingFilter()
method in XML filter like so:

System.out.println("OUTGOING FILTER CALLED");

When I call xml files, I see the appropriate debug output at
the console.  However, when I call XMLServlet, I don't see
it, leading me to believe that the outgoingFilter method is
not being called after calling the servlet.  Instead, the
output of the Servlet is sent directly to the browser.

Any ideas why this method isn't being called?

Thanks,

Art