Re: null servlet context

From: Christopher William Turner <cwturner@cycom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Benoit Mahe wrote:
> If you want to add a ServletWrapper under "space" add a

> ServletDirectoryFrame to the root resource (and remove theHTTPFrame).

Eventually I managed to do this and it worked. I didn't understand the "root"s (there were
so many of them). "Space" has an id of "root" with a frame. There is also another
"root" shown as white icon under the "Space" folder. Under "Properties/General" there
is an attribute for "rootname". I tried deleting the HTTPFrame on "root" but that provoked

an infinite loop. I tried creating a directory resource called "newroot" but this always
showed as a folder icon and setting "Properties/General/rootname" to "newroot" was
refused as illegal. I could create a "newroot" as a FramedResource and set the rootname
to "newroot" but this disabled http processing. I now found I could add the
ServletDirectoryFrame to the white icon "root" under "Space" folder and delete the old
HTTPFrame. A few commits saves and restarts later this had propagated to the
"Space" resource itself (so they were the same "root"). Then I could change the "rootname"
back to "root" and http was then working. My PassDirectory, ServletWrapper, and Redirector
examples all needed recommitting/reindexing before they would start working. I didn't see
the "WWW" directory mentioned anywhere.

--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/