Re: Jigsaw and text/xml

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:03:01 +0100
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
You have to define the xml extensions in the default indexer:

With JigAdmin in

Root

+- indexers

 +- default

  +-extensions

   +- xml

where xml should be a FileResource associated to a HTTPFrame with a
content type set to text/xml

For more details on indexers, read [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/indexers.html

Regards, Benoit.

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> For some reason, Jigsaw seems to be incredibly picky about MIME types, and
> it doesn't know about XML.  I'd like to serve a file called a.xml.  If I
> try to load it, I get "Invalid URL".  If I rename it (wrongly) a.htm or
> a.txt, it comes through fine.
>
> The mapping for MIME types in Jigsaw seems exceptionally obscure.  Is there
> a good place to find information about adding a MIME type? (My searches of
> the accompanying docs have come up empty.)  It really doesn't seem like
> this should be difficult.
>
> Maybe we need 'The Web Admin's Guide to Jigsaw'...
>
> Simon St.Laurent
> XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
> Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
> http://www.simonstl.com

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team