Jigsaw and text/xml

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:06:43 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
For some reason, Jigsaw seems to be incredibly picky about MIME types, and
it doesn't know about XML.  I'd like to serve a file called a.xml.  If I
try to load it, I get "Invalid URL".  If I rename it (wrongly) a.htm or
a.txt, it comes through fine.

The mapping for MIME types in Jigsaw seems exceptionally obscure.  Is there
a good place to find information about adding a MIME type? (My searches of
the accompanying docs have come up empty.)  It really doesn't seem like
this should be difficult.

Maybe we need 'The Web Admin's Guide to Jigsaw'...

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com