Re: AW: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Gildas Mazery wrote:

> Hotjava browser complain when I try to go directly to the ressource
> w3c_home with the URL :
> http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home
>
> 	Exception: java.net.SocketException
> 	Unexpected end of file from server
>
> but work ok when accessing the file itself with the URL :
> http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home.gif

This is strange!

HEAD /icons/WWW/w3c_home HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
Etag: "alqeqh:ppomv850"
Expires: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
Server: Jigsaw/2.0.1
Vary: Accept,Accept-Charset,Accept-Language,Accept-Encoding

file info: 834 w3c_home.png

HEAD /icons/WWW/w3c_home.gif HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:53:02 GMT
Etag: "193jkcd:ppomv850"
Expires: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:53:02 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:11 GMT
Server: Jigsaw/2.0.1

file info: 901 w3c_home.gif

The nb of bytes sent is correct, perhaps your client is confused by the
Content-Location, but it should not as the response code is a 200.
Do you have more trace? (ie: a stack trace of hotjava at that point or
some other useful things :) ).