Re: AW: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

At 16:57 03/03/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Gildas Mazery wrote:
>
>> Hotjava browser complain when I try to go directly to the ressource
>> w3c_home with the URL :
>> http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home
>>
>> 	Exception: java.net.SocketException
>> 	Unexpected end of file from server
>>
>> but work ok when accessing the file itself with the URL :
>> http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home.gif
>
>This is strange!
>
>HEAD /icons/WWW/w3c_home HTTP/1.0
>
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
>Etag: "alqeqh:ppomv850"
>Expires: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
>Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:44 GMT
>Server: Jigsaw/2.0.1
>Vary: Accept,Accept-Charset,Accept-Language,Accept-Encoding
>
>file info: 834 w3c_home.png
>
>HEAD /icons/WWW/w3c_home.gif HTTP/1.0
>
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:53:02 GMT
>Etag: "193jkcd:ppomv850"
>Expires: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:53:02 GMT
>Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:52:11 GMT
>Server: Jigsaw/2.0.1
>
>file info: 901 w3c_home.gif
>
>The nb of bytes sent is correct, perhaps your client is confused by the
>Content-Location, but it should not as the response code is a 200.
>Do you have more trace? (ie: a stack trace of hotjava at that point or
>some other useful things :) ).
>
>      /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium -
>  /\ /  \        Architecture Domain - Jigsaw Activity Leader
> /  \    \/\
>/    \   /  \   http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon - ylafon@w3.org

Well I'am not sure this will help, here is what the java console
of Hotjava browser show.

[Console enabled]
java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.net.SocketException.<init>(SocketException.java:37)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Compiled Code)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Compiled Code)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Compiled Code)
	at
sunw.hotjava.protocol.http.HttpURLConnectionCookie.getInputStream(HttpURLCon
nectionCookie.java:51)
	at sunw.hotjava.doc.DocParser.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

gildas