Re: Authentication

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, ANU wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have a Jigsaw 2.0.2 server installed in my machine. I wish set
> authentication feature in my server. I tried to set authentication to my
> server using  the Authentication tutorial available in Jigsaw
> documentation.
>
> On getting the JigAdmin window I noticed that the http - server tree did
> not have a branch called "space" instead there was "doc-space". Also I
> was unable to find "protected" leaf in the "doc-space" branch.

Yes, on recent releases, space has been replaced by doc_space.
Also, if you are using jigadmin v2, you should take a look at
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/JigAdmin/realms.html

The "protected" node was just an example of a protected directory
(authentication can be done on each resource, the containers are a
special case as they protect also their children)
So if you want to protect the whole server, just put the GenericAuthFilter
on the root resource of the server.