SSInclude/caching problem

From: Henrik Kniberg <henrik@kniberg.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:33:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I'm having trouble with .shtml-pages being cached in the browser instead
of being reloaded from the server (the page is supposed to be
dynamically generated, after all).

Take a look at this URL:

http://server.milliweb.com/temp/date.shtml

It displays the date, which in turn is fetched through an SSInclude
tag.  Now press reload - is the date updated?  Not for me.  Try
restarting your whole browser and checking again - still the same date
(for me at least).  The only way to escape your cached version is to
press shift-reload (in Netscape) or ctrl-reload (in Internet Explorer).

However if you browse to the servlet directly everything works fine:

http://server.milliweb.com/servlet/DateServlet

Is this an SSInclude bug or is it merely a configuration issue?  I set
to HTTPFrame.maxage to 0 for both the servlet wrapper and the SHTML
document but that didn't seem to help.

Here is the HTML source:

-------

<h1> Jigsaw SSInclude caching problem</h1>

Current date (fetched via SSInclude tag):
<!--#servlet name="date" code="/servlet/DateServlet" -->

-------

/Henrik

--
Henrik Kniberg    Netbreeze Computing, Stockholm
                  WWW:    http://www.kniberg.com/henrik/