Re: SSInclude/caching problem

I have the same problem.

The issue here is that your browser is checking for the document date,
to which Jigsaw is happily responding with the .shtml file date :(

If you add this to your document ...

<head>
        <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
</head>

Netscape will behave nice and not cache the page. IE (5.0/4.0) ignores
those META tags so there'll be different results.

BTW don't waste time trying to put all the other "expiration" tags,
they won't work. The only thing IE cares about is the date returned
by the server. I tried everything, with no luck. Funny, if you go to
deja.news and search for SSI cache IE you'll find lots of hits.

One solution I tried was using JavaScript to put random numbers in
my links so <A HREF="http://www.abc.com/index.shtml"> becomes
<A HREF="http://www.abc.com/index.shtml?2323234"> and the page
refreshes. This won't help you if users hit the "reload" button.
Bummer.

In desperation, I tried the SSI package fom java.apache.org. They
have a directive (don't remember) that is supposed to help you
with this issue. I tried it, but I can't get Jigsaw to map .shtml
to that SSI servlet.

Hey, guys ! How about giving us a nice little directive or option
to solve this issue !

Thanks

Augusto