Re: Jigsaw with perl

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:26:47 +0100 (MET)
To: Scott Hayes <shayes@milum.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Scott Hayes wrote:

> I have been running Jigsaw 1.0 on my Windows for a year now. I have noticed
> that when I check the processes in memory I have multipule copies of perl
> running even when I have no one connected. I have found that if I connect
> to the server and request information that activates the CGI and I close my
> browser before the CGI completes the transaction It will leave that copy of
> perl in memory.

Well, Jigsaw 1.0 is no longer supported as it never reached more than beta
version, the best thing is to switch to Jigsaw 2.0.1.
If not, you can modify w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient according to
the org.w3c.jigsaw.http.SocketClient that you can find on the CVS public
tree [1]
You can also take a look at org.w3c.jigsaw.frames.CgiFrame and try to
match the right differences (as the resource model has changed, it may be
tricky :) )