Re: jigsaw, Microsoft internet explorer and images

From: Christopher William Turner <cwturner@cycom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:36:09 -0500 (EST)
To: Francesco Coda <coda@cefriel.it>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Francesco Coda wrote:

> I am running jigsaw 2.0 beta3 on a PC with Windows NT 4.
> I have problems when I browse the site served by jigsaw with Microsoft
> internet explorer 4.0.

I reproduced this and I suspected a thread lock, after many hours debugging I
foundthat the problem has nothing to do with the jigsaw server!

IE4.0 cannot display the gif format used for the images on the jigsaw demo pages
even when directly loaded via the file: protocol.

I "fixed" the jigsaw gifs using the excellent paintshop pro batch convert
program and they now work ok with IE4.0. They got larger. E.g. Icons/jigsaw.gif
expanded from 1395 to 2169 bytes.

Chris Turner, www.cycom.co.uk