Re: Jigsaw beta3 installation

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:54:18 +0100 (MET)
To: John Summerfield <summer@os2.ami.com.au>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> A couple of problems I encountered just now (on Linux, jdk 1.1.6 fwiw)
> 1	The readme doesn't mention the user/password needed to configure the
> thing

The readme says:
"just point your browser to this URL and follow the instructions."
In the home page, you have the link to the documentation, and "how to
configure". The std login/passwd is given there.

> 2	Nothing mentions that it's necessary to configure it before one can
> read the docs: netscape gave me nonsense messages about "get not
> implemented." Configuring a strange produce, even with a gui, without
> documentation involves a certain amount of guessing.

Well... you tried to access the admin server and not the http-server! Go
to the http-server and the documentation is there! usually, admin server
is running on port 8009 and http-server on port 8001.

> btw Am I right to suspect the author of Jigsaw/Jigsaw/Overview.html
> doesn't speak English natively?

You are right ;) None of the Jigsaw authors are born in an english
speaking country.