servlets

From: joelg <joelg@ihs.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:57:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
1.  Is support for servlets compiled into the newest version of Jigsaw or do I
have to recompile it?

2.  I have looked at the updated documentation at Doc/User/servlets.html
	but still have problems.  Should I just be able to put a servlet in
	WWW/servlets and have it run?, or do I have to configure the Servlet
	directory frame and Directory resource also?

3.  If I do have to do the configuring, I am having a problem.  I tried to
follow the example under Doc/User/servlets.html and get part way but am unable
to get to the window where I enter the servlet-class and commit my changes.  I
get the following error messages when I click on the little servlet icon on the
bottom right part of the screen which I assume you have to do to get to the
commit screen?

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.get(Compiled Code)
        at sun.awt.motif.X11FontMetrics.getFontMetrics(Compiled Code)
        at sun.awt.motif.X11Graphics.getFontMetrics(Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Graphics.getFontMetrics(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.tools.widgets.TreeBrowser.paint(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.tools.widgets.TreeBrowser.update(Compiled Code)
        at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.handleEvent(Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Joel Gorder
Information Handling Services