Re: servlets

joelg writes:

> 1.  Is support for servlets compiled into the newest version of Jigsaw or do
> have to recompile it?

 It is compiled, you need to recompile it only if you want to modify
 the source code.

> 2.  I have looked at the updated documentation at Doc/User/servlets.html
> 	but still have problems.  Should I just be able to put a servlet in
> 	WWW/servlets and have it run?, or do I have to configure the Servlet
> 	directory frame and Directory resource also?

 This documentation is relative to the Jigsaw 2.0beta3 (released this
 evening), for now you have to configure the Servlet directory frame
 and Directory resource.

> 3.  If I do have to do the configuring, I am having a problem.  I tried to
> follow the example under Doc/User/servlets.html and get part way but am unabl
> to get to the window where I enter the servlet-class and commit my changes.
> get the following error messages when I click on the little servlet icon on t
> he
> bottom right part of the screen which I assume you have to do to get to the
> commit screen?

 Well, which OS and which JDK are you using?

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team