re:jigsaw with JDK 1.2 ?

From: Butch Landingin <butchland@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:13:56 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I just installed JDK 1.2 (final release), JSDK 2.0 and Jigsaw 2.0 beta
3 on a Windows 98 machine. I  found some problems running with JDK 1.2
so I decided to recompile the Jigsaw sources. I found some namespace
clashes (e.g. URLDecoder is a new JDK 1.2 class that clashes with a
w3c.jigsaw class  of the same name) and some deprecated warnings. I
qualified those ambiguous references and I was able to recompile
Jigsaw and JigAdmin successfully.

Now for the results: Jigsaw seems to be running fine but initially
Jigadmin wouldn't run(it complains about a virtual base class
undefined... or something error and then dies...) unless I disabled
the JIT compiler (set JAVA_COMPILER=NONE in the environment, or run
java with the -Djava.compiler=NONE option). It works but it's kind of
flaky :(. When I click on the folder icon on the frames tab (the lower
right side of the panel) to display the frames attached to a resource,
an exception gets  thrown -- something about the peer handler of
java.awt, I don't know which exactly. Anyway, sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't. Also I couldn't administer Jigsaw through the
browser (the editor seems to be not working -- though I may just have
some things not setup right).

Anyone else have problems like this with JDK 1.2 or earlier versions?