Re: Probs with MirrorFrame

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 17:49:15 +0100 (MET)
To: Stefan Speidel <Speidel@tp-cad.com>
cc: "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Stefan Speidel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to mirror a Web-Site, which is a Virtual one at the same server.
> I do that with a MirrorFrame. My Problem is, when the original resource
> contains many Childresources and I access to the Mirror the Web-Pages
> aren't delivered completely. On every mirrored Page I missed some
> Pictures or the bottom of the page.
>
> What's wrong?

Il looks strange to serve the virtual host version of one server on the
same server using the mirror frame. It has been designed to mirror
external sites, like a very specialized proxy. Also then mirror frame and
the virtual host frame are designed to be root resources. There was a bug
in the handling of the redirect when the combination of the two were used,
I suggest to switch to the latest version (2.0beta3) to see if it fixes
the problem.
Another things should be to use a PassDirectory to serve the virtual host,
pointing to the same file system area.