Re: about jigsaw2.0beta3

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Tadashi NAKANO wrote:

> I installed jigsaw2.0beta3.
> But It doesn't work well.
>
> When I access a html file in the Jigsaw with brouser, the connection is not
> disconected, the status of connecting Jigsaw continues for a long time
> . Why dou you think about it? Is it not the problem of Jigsaw?
>
> I was using jigsaw2.0beta1 before.
> It did work well.

Well, nothing has dramatically changed in this part of code from beta1 to
beta3, only (numerous) protocol bug fixes and enhancements.
The connection keeping is part of Jigsaw from its beginning (this is tha
base of HTTP/1.1, persistent connection). But you may refer to the
"Received 100% of..." problem, which has been reported by some users.
You may want to replace the following test in
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CLient # startConnection:

 if ( keep  && (in.available() <= 2))

by
 if ( keep )

to be really sure that a flush is performed after each request.