Re: logs

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Roman Dusek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody explain to me, what exactly appears in each log file in Jigsaw
> (I mean Log, ErrorLog, TraceLog)? I would also like to know, what exactly
> happens if I swich the "trace" property (in
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.GeneralProp) on - I see no efect.

To see the trace, you must turn the -trace option at startup ( java
org.w3c. .... -trace'

> And my last question - why I still get the "*** Warning: no logger
> specified, not logging" message on Jigsaw startup, although I've a
> CommonLogger set up (which is default in Jigsaw 2.0b1) and working (at
> least errlog is filling up) ?

Well, once again "the trace is the bug" :) This message is for the admin
server which has no logger set. If you want to add one, you must add it
directly in the property file. Anyway, it is just a warning and won't
cause any problem when you use Jigsaw.

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw